Reservation & Payment Policies
Government Employees: we will not accept the State or Federal Rates if your reservation is booked with a third party. Please have your travel agent cancel as soon as possible. To receive the State or Federal Rate, you must book directly with The Kern Lodge, and provide a Government ID at check in.
Reservation & Payment Policy: We require a valid credit card to guarantee reservation. We charge the card on file 100% of your reservation on the 2nd calendar day prior to the arrival date except (HOLIDAY WEEKENDS AND SPECIAL EVENTS SEE BLOW). If your card was declined, we will contact you via email or phone we will hold your reservation until 6 p.m. PST two days prior to your arrival date, if we do not hear any response from you, we assume the reservation was cancelled and a cancellation confirmation will automatically be sent. If you wish to pay with cash, you may do so at check in and we will refund the prior charges less $3.00 for refund transaction fee.
On Holiday Weekends (Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.), Group Bookings, Special Events, or Event Weekends (Whiskey Flat Days, Rod Run, etc.) are subject to charged 100% of your reservation on the 9th calendar day prior to the arrival date. If your card was declined, we will contact you via email or phone we will hold your reservation until 6 p.m. PST nine days prior to the arrival date, if we do not hear any response from you, we assume the reservation was cancelled and a cancellation confirmation will automatically be sent. If you wish to pay with cash, you may do so at check in and we will refund the prior charges less $3.00 for refund transaction fee.
Company Credit Cards: will be required to provide authorization, as well as a photocopies of the ID with the credit card. You may send the authorization form and photo copies to The Kern Lodge by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by faxing the form to our office at (760) 376-8960. If you need an authorization form to fill out, we will be happy to send your company a copy.
If we do not receive authorization, your guest will have to pay for the room.
What if I am paying for someone else?
Subject to the same rules as company credit cards.
If my party arrives before me will they be allowed into the room?
- When making your reservation online, you can add guest names, as well as a note to charge the card on file before your arrival.
- When making your reservation over the phone, you can tell the Front Desk staff of your guest’s names, and to give instructions to charge the card on file before their arrival.
Failure to do this will result in your party waiting until you arrive. We will try and contact you for permission while they wait.
Please be sure to read our Cancellation Policy. Group bookings may require a deposit, contact us for further information.
You can securely book online here!
Note: we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. We have a chip card reader as well.
- Discounts: we accept AAA, AARP, Military and Government (proof required) except on Holidays / Events or weekends. For all other discounts, please contact us.
- Business, Group, and Wedding Rates: give us a call at (760) 376-2223 or email us at email@example.com
- Gift Certificates: can be purchased by contacting the Front Office. After purchase, you may pick up the certificate(s) in person or request that it be mailed to you (within the United States only). Gift Certificates are non-refundable and cannot be used for sold-out weekends/holiday weekends/Whiskey Flat Days.